Visdamax Semi & Fully Automated Kiln Controllers
- Fully Automated Controllers
- Semi-Automated Controllers
For the majority of our projects, fully automated controllers are more popular as they have very many advantages over other traditional means of controls. They require minimal operator presence as the entire drying process is automated. They have low operating cost. The drying schedule is faster when compared with traditional means of control and they are very user friendly for data acquisition. Moisture probes or load cells are standard on all of these systems.
Semi-automated controllers on the other hand have the advantage of being cheaper than their fully-automated counterparts. However, they do have their drawback. The automatic operation mode for these systems are limited to that particular step of the drying schedule only. Should you need to have a step change, an operator is required to manually do so. Moisture probes are not standard on these systems as they are on fully-automated but the semi-automated system do have chart recorders for all other information.
We have several options of fully automated controllers from which you can choose from. For the majority of the projects, we use fully automated kiln controllers from:
-Logica H and S
For some of our other projects, we use customized programs on a PLC unit for kiln controls. These are usually only done only on request.
Key features on our fully automated kiln controllers include:
- Standard moisture probes for continuous measure and acquisition
- Optional load cell moisture measurement depending on configuration
- Temperature probes for both wet and dry bulb
- EMC probes
- Modulating control valves for heating, spraying, vents and fan speed control
- Automated fan inversions
- Centralized PC controls up to 32 kilns (Selected models)
- Optional heat treatment
- Preloaded timber drying library for many species of wood
- Full data acquisitions capability with graphing display